|With my enlistment papers and fellow troops
This past Saturday, I was registered to attend an all day seminar at church about "soul care," or lay Biblical counselling. The weather forecast read partly cloudy and in the 70s.
So I e-mailed the coordinator at church and said I would not be attending.
|The future's so bright....
This Spring and Summer to date, beautiful days have been few and far between, and I wasn't going to let one get away. So I chose to skip class and declare a Family Day.
Here's how the day went:
- Sleep in until 7 or so (over our cat's objection)
- Coffee and Quiet Time with Darling Bride
- Breakfast with family
- Trip to Conner Prairie Interactive History Museum
- At said museum, enlisted in the Indiana Cavalry to defend Indiana against Morgan's Raiders during the Civil War
- Dinner at home
- Star Trek, thanks to Netflix
|...I've got to wear shades (and she a bonnet)!