|When's the last time I saw the lighter side of 200#?|
Who wants to be fat, middle aged, and inactive? Show of hands? Seeing none, I would hope, let's talk about how losing 25 pounds is a family man issue (actually 26 and counting, but who's counting?)
One afternoon, I was outside playing with the kids. Before long, I was sucking wind big time (by that I mean the heavy, laborious breathing like an out of shape bubba).
Last camping season, I would open up our pop-up camper first thing to get set up for the weekend. It uses a hand crank has to go around about 50 times before the roof is all the way up. That tired me out! Yikes! Getting tired before the camping trip has begun!
|The Indiana Dunes Fitness Plan!|
This is not setup to sell you some funky video or phony pill. On the other hand, I did use funky videos sometimes. Leslie Sansone may be goofy, and her videos are marketed to women, but I did get results by using her 3 mile walk a 2 or 3 times a week.
OK, so now you know why it is time for me to get serious. Here's the how:
- No gimmicks.
- No falling for the latest popular idea.
- Hard work and dedication.
- Getting up at 5:30 am to exercise 4 or 5 days a week.
- Enjoying workouts more than high blood pressure, diabetes, and even heart attack risk.
- Enjoying walking, bicycling, and playing with kids more than doughnuts.
- Trusting Darling Bride and her efforts to replace our family's food supply with real food, not processed high fructose corn syrup.
- Not being afraid of full fat dairy. I've heard the French don't avoid it either.
- More hard work and dedication.
|Maybe not manly, but this worked for me!|
Is it your turn to start losing 25 pounds or more? (I'd like another 10 on my fitness resume). Then plan on a 9 month to 1 year project. Do fitness, food, fun, and a friend. And tell us about it!
You're a great friend to me to give up donuts and the like. Thank you.ReplyDelete
Great job! And I can tell your wife is proud of you, because she posted this on Google+.ReplyDelete
My husband has been working out too, and yesterday he was under 100kg for the first time in ages. I'm so proud of him.